An Introduction to Self

Salam alaik~ Konnichiwa~ Annyeonghaseyo~ Hehe.

My name is Marini. One word. Simple meaning - the soft (but I believe it is the contrast of my real personality). In a few months I will be 21 years old *screams in disbelief* So long my teenager life!
But anyway, hello adulthood, where the responsibilities and commitments are starting to get real.


I was born in Hospital Besar Kuala Lumpur, so technically I am a Kuala-Lumpurian, not Selangorian. But well, it doesn't matter.

Currently I'm taking Guidance and Counseling as my major. If you asked my 16 years old self what is the course I'll be taking in the university, this course wouldn't even cross my mind. At the time, I was really into arts. I was hoping to be a graphic designer, or musician *laughs shyly*. So what changed my mind? To be honest, it's quite personal, but I'll just put this quote that I've heard not long ago - "Most of those who are taking Guidance and Counseling, they just want to help themselves while helping others". Right after STPM, I immediately applied for this course, among other courses (degree in psychology and degree in education).

So, how is it? Honestly, it's super terrific! I found love for psychology (which is why I applied for degree in psychology the most in the UPU, but I got the offer for this course instead, to which I am still thankful for because in some ways, it's similar to psychology), so learning about the theories in counseling, learning on how to guide and counsel the clients are so fun for me.

Through the worst times in my life, I've learned to look for the bright side of every situation I'm in. Always look at the bright side, because there always is, a reason for everything that happens. No matter how ridiculous a situation seems to you, no matter how dark and deep the hole you're in, no matter how entangled the roads in front of you look like, I can assure you that there is always a way out. Another thing I've learned as I'm growing up is that, try to find the joy in the ordinary things. One of the many little things that makes me feel excited for no absolute reason is when I'm riding the bus or taking the trains. All I can say is it makes me feel at peace. Also, I feel happy when walking to the classes as well, though tiring. But because I enjoy the breathtaking views as I walk, it's all worth it.

And so, that's all about myself for now. See you next time!


Comments